Nobody wants to say goodbye to sunshine BUT everybody wants to say hello to fall fashion. This season is filled with 'ladylike' design, pops of color, print, mixed metals and stunning footwear. Fall11 is tall, fall fashion at it's finest. I can't wait to put my spin on these trends and SWAG them out...can u?
1. MAKE A STATEMENT WITH PRINT: This Long Tall Sally Check Jersey dress ads bold to a classic cut. The dress also checks off another trend: dresses the hit at or below the knee. $105. Longtallsally.com. Sizes extra small to extra large. 42.5" long.
2. SKY-HIGH FOOTWEAR: Platforms with a pop of color are a must have for fall11. They set off any outfit and make you feel incredible. My fav: Vince Camuto 'Jasper' Mary Jane Pump. $118.95. Nordstrom.com. Sizes 4-12.
3. ANIMAL PRINT PARTY:Never wear it head-to-toe but animal print in doses is definitely in. The Tall Mad Men Collection Leopard Print Trenchis amazing. Unforgettable and haute. Get it now. $198. Sizes S-L. Bananarepublic.com.
4. WIDE IDEA:Variations of wide leg pants and jeans are going to be everywhere this season. Although the skinnies are still in the mix, a bottom such as the 1969 Super Lightweight Pintucked Trouser Jean, creates a sleek, long look that will be included in every collection. $79.95. Sizes 4 to 16. 38" inseam. Gap.com.
5. ALI ALI OXFORD FREE:Oxford's are comfy and add a polish that not many flats can attain. Don't like flats? You are in luck because oxford inspired footwear in any form, heel to shootie, is a fall favorite. Check out the Brash Bobby Jazz Oxford from Payless.com. $29.99. Sizes 5-13.
6. LAYER IT: No, I am not talking about cake (but I like that too). Layers are so comfy and if done right, fashionable. The Layered Ruched Tunic from Long Elegant Legsis a perfect example. Not only does it 'lay' right, it also comes in a hot fall color: green. $58. Sizes S-XXL. Super long arms and 30" in body length.
7. CARD ME: The easiest way to 'pretty' an outfit up is with a feminine cardigan. There are plenty of tall ones for us to choose from including the Tall Contrast Stitch Open Cardigan from TopShop. $80. Sizes 4-12 (hurry, going fast...it's a HOT item).
8. ANOTHER WIDE IDEA: Too hot not to include in the preview. Safari Pant from Long Legs. $110. Sizes 4-20. 38" inseam.
9. PENCIL ME IN:Smooth silhouette. To or below the knee. Buy 2 or 5. Classic beauty. Example: Tall Pencil Skirt (love the straight and to-the-point name). $49.95. Sizes 4-16. Gap.com.
10. HAND-TO-COLOR COMBAT:Put the exclamation point on your outfit with a color-filled handbag. Check out the Mile Bianco Sadie Ruched Satchel. $105. Endless.com awesomeness.
11. LOAFIN AROUND: Nobody will call you lazy when it comes to footwear if you rock these. This pair of high heel loafers are must haves. They are the IT pair of shoes for fall11. Get acquainted with Unmixed from Nine West. Sizes 5-12. Ships 9/9.
12-14. THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL: Accesorize in a BOLD manner. Now, don't go overboard. Keep your bold statement to one piece.
(12) Geo Stretch Bracelet. $8.80. Forever21.
(13) Marc by Marc Jacobs Color Block Bolt Ring. $21.99. Piperlime.
(14) Long Chain and Bead Knot Necklace. $34.90. Express.
15. BOOTED: Buy the boots you want to wear. No trend is a bad one. Pick a pair that reflects you. These are what I'm feelin right now: Stretch Wedge Boot from Long Tall Sally. $109. Sizes 10-13.