I know. It has been WAY too long since my last post. I have missed you and I hope you have missed me:)
What in the world have I been up too? It's a nasty four letter word that I really don't like to say. W-O-R-K.
While I have had a full time job the entire time since I started the blog, there are 'seasons' to what I do. I constantly work but some times are different than others. Depending on the season my workload speeds up and overtime is a friend that I become reacquainted with. Are you confused? Let me explain...
I work for the Golden State Warriors. It's an NBA team in Oakland, CA. I am the Game Operations Manger. What the heck is that? In a nutshell, I manage everything that you see in a game besides the actual play of the players on the court. This means, all of the entertainment, video elements, concourse interactives, game night interns etc. It's a very exciting job and I am blessed to have it.
With that said, as the season draws near, the work changes. It's a different type of work than in the off season. In the off season, it's a ton of planning, tryouts and for the most part regular hours. While in the season, I don't know what a regular hour is and there is something new daily. For example, these are some of the things I have been doing in the past month:
1. Interviewed a ton of interns. We have a staff of 30+ interns that help us execute anything and everything on game nights and we needed to hire some newbies for our team.
2. Directed and produced a Warriors Gangnam 'spoof' that went viral. The Warriors Girls, our Hype Man Franco Finn, our camera lady/editor extraordinaire Janet and I spent long hours putting the video together and it totally paid off. I put together all of the costume and props, picked the locations, coordinated everything and (as mentioned) directed and produced the vid. Take a look:
3. After months of preparation, shot the 2013 Warrior Girls Swimsuit Calendar. It was a 3 day non-stop shoot in Napa, CA. We are going through the photos now and it's going to be amazing. Here is one of the behind the scenes shots I posted to my Instagram @TallSWAG:
3. Booked most of our halftime acts for the entire season. With 41 regular season games, that's a lot of entertainment to book. I like to get the halftimes done early.
4. Media Day. This is one of our most important days because we get time with the players to capture most of the video content that we need for the season. There is a lot of planning and brainstorming that goes into the day. Here's a shot of our whole set-up. We have 2 of these stations and 3 hours to capture video from all of the players. For more behind the scenes photos of or Media Day, click the pic:
As I said, these are just some of the things I have done in the past month so I think you get a gist of the workload.
I say all of that to say this, please bear with me. I love sharing our tall, fabulous lives. TallSWAG is truly my passion and soon I will get my work/life balance back on track:) Expect regular posts soon!